Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

38 Weeks - 5 Days - SINGLE DIGIT COUNTDOWN!

I have finally reached single digits until my due date. After being pregnant for 10 months (yes, it is truly 10 months) and thinking that the day will never come, it feels so great that Ava is only days away from being born. Today Tate and I went on another 2 mile walk and this time I had to stop 3 different times because of the strong contractions I experienced. These contractions are what I call the big-daddys, the ones that stop me in my tracks and get me to grab my belly and moan. :) Poor Tate was worried sick because he thought I might go into labor right there at the park. :) I had to reassure him that I always get contractions when I walk, so it wasn't that different from other days. However, today's contractions were a bit more intense. I felt much better having him there with me just in case. After our walk we ran a bunch of errands together and I soon started to feel very uncomfortable. Little Ava has managed to put a lot of her weight now on my pelvis and bladder and any bump in the road or quick stops make for a very uncomfortable trip. Not to mention, every time I get in and out of the car I have to rest because I get really strong contractions. On a few different times today Tate stated that he thought I was going to have Ava tomorrow because of how strong my contractions were. I still think she will hang out for awhile in my tummy, but I am not exactly sure that I will make it to my DD of 9/9. Either way, I am finally on the single digit countdown and that means she will be here with us very soon. Ava, mommy loves you so much and can't wait for you to arrive.

No comments: