Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

38 Weeks 4 Days - Day at the Race Track - Show Me Big Money

Today Tate and I decided to do something different so we went to the horse track at Cantebury Downs. Since I have been working from home now and not feeling well, it's been hard for me to do a lot of things outside so I was very excited to get out and enjoy the weather. Tate and I got to the races and found some great seats outside in front of the track. We spent time going through the different articles and experts opinions on each of the horses. It was actually really fun. One thing I realized is that my husband and I are very different when it comes to gambling and betting. I like to take the nice, safe route and pick 1-2 horses I think will win because of their stats and of the opinion's of others. Tate on the other hand likes looking at which jockey is riding the horse and he also likes to bet on the long-shot. His point is that if you pick the favorite, you won't win very much, but if you pick on the long-shot you can win a lot. Although that is very true, you still need the long-shot to win and the horse is picked a long-shot for a reason....they are not likely to win. LOL. Thankfully Tate and I worked as a team and my wins evened out his losses. :) I won $24.00 on one race and another $14.00 on a different race. Needless to say, I was VERY happy. We ended up walking out of there after bidding on 6 races only 7 dollars less than what we came with and that included food, admission and a paper. :) Pretty cheap day for this soon-to-be mommy and daddy. The only bad thing that happened was that my acid reflux starting kicking in on the way home and I got pretty sick. We had to stop at a gas station because of my stomach. I truly can't wait for the day when I can eat a meal and not have to worry if I will be able to keep it down or not. All in all, it was a great day with Tate and that is all I could ask for.

No comments: