Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

38 Weeks - Doctor's Appointment - No Further Progress

I had big hopes for today because I had my 38th week appointment this afternoon and I was really hoping that things have "progressed" more than last week. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I have been hoping that Ava would come a little early because my acid reflux has kicked back into high gear again and I was sick all day yesterday and up all night long unable to keep my food down. It's been a hard couple of weeks, but on the bright side, I only have 2 more weeks to go (maybe even less). I brought a laundry list of questions to my doctor's appointment today and he knew I meant business when he entered the room. :) He sat down right away so I could ask him each and every question. He is a really nice doctor and he is always able to put me at ease. After my examination, he told me that I am still 1 cm dilated and about 40-50% effaced. I discussed with him my continuing problems with acid reflux and he told me that unfortunately there isn't much I can do, but he did decide to switch my medication to another (completely safe) one. Now I will be taking this new medication 4 times a day and hopefully that will help. I am hopeful anyway. I also made sure to get the correct phone # to call when Ava finally does decide the time is right. I am trying to make sure I have absolutely everything ready. :) He told me that we will talk about possibly inducing me next week IF and that is a big IF, everything looks to be in good shape. I would have to be at least 2-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced before he would even suggest it. He has said that we just need to get this little peanut out of me so my body can return back to normal. But, I am not going to push anything. Ava is going to come when she is good and ready and unfortunately, I think she is waiting it out for a September birthday. All I care about is that she is 100% healthy.

No comments: