Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

37 Weeks - Officially Full Term - Doctor Visit

Well I have finally made it! I am officially full term and the doctor told me today that Ava is ready to come out. :) We have once again confirmed that Ava is in the perfect position and she is sitting low. Although I have not dilated any more than 1 cm, I was told today that my cervix has thinned out to 50%. That means I am half way there and considering that my cervix was not thinned at all last week, I think I have made a lot of progress. Tate and I were able to see Ava on the ultrasound screen today and we saw her tiny little fists right up by her face. There was a lot of vernix floating around in the amniotic fluid so that is another good sign that things are progressing. I made sure that my tummy was measuring out okay because I have been told a lot lately how small they think I am and of course after awhile, I started to worry about it. Thankfully my doctor told me that I am measuring out perfectly and that everything looks great. She just thinks Ava will be a small baby and as long as she is healthy, I am all for that. :) I am so thankful for my weekly appointments because if nothing else, they put my mind at ease. I started packing my suitcase for the hospital today and now I just need to get a few comfy clothes to wear for the days and weeks after I deliver. My doctor did tell me that there are a lot of women out there who do not dilate more than a cm before labor starts and that it was a good sign I was already 50% thinned out. :) I will just need to make sure I am not too far away from home from here on out. Come on little Ava, mommy is ready any time you are. :)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Ah, I haven't checked your blog in awhile! I'm so happy to hear that you're already thinning out & dilated (even though it's only 1cm, it's a start!). This will make for a much easier labor for you! I love how doctor's say it could be any day, but truly, it could be any day - I just hope yours comes soon and she doesn't keep you waiting until your DD...but either way, hang in there - look forward to meeting Miss Ava "any day." ;)