Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Monday, August 25, 2008

37 Weeks 6 Days - Last Birth and Parenting Class

Tonight Tate and I had our last birth and parenting class. It was one of the most interesting classes because we had 2 couples from previous classes there with their 2 and 6 week old babies. They told us their birth stories and gave us a really good idea of what to expect and what to ask for when we go into the hospital. They both had very different stories. One was an almost picture perfect delivery and the other had an extremely hard labor process which ended up in a c-section. Hearing their stories and seeing their tiny babies really hit home with me and I just kept thinking about what it will be like when our time comes. It was so nice hearing the "real stories" of what to expect during labor and delivery and once you bring your newborn home. One of the women there said that her water broke when she was only 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced, so that really isn't too far off from me. However, I really believe Ava is going to stay tucked inside my tummy for a little while longer. I do not expect her to be an August baby, but you never know. After class we made sure to get our names on an email list so we could all stay in touch and share pictures of our little ones after they are born. This class was a long process, but it definitely helped both Tate and I prepare for our special day.

No comments: