Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

37 Weeks 2 Days - Ava's Bassinet




This past weekend when I went out to lunch with my girlfriend Melissa, she introduced me to "Once Upon A Child". I still needed to find a bassinet for Ava so she could sleep upstairs with Tate and I her first few months. I knew it would be really hard to get up every 2-3 hours each night and head downstairs to Ava's room. Plus, I am going to be a new mommy so I know I would not be able to sleep knowing Ava was so far away from me. I think the bassinet is perfect. The best part was that I got a great deal on it and I was able to take the entire bassinet apart and wash it. I had to make sure Ava's little bed was as clean as possible. :) The bassinet is nice because it is lightweight and the top is removable as well so I can bring it up and down the stairs with no problems.
I find myself going into Ava's room a lot through out the day just admiring things and wishing my little girl was here. I have to admit that at times it feels like she is never going to arrive but I know in my heart that it is not much longer now. I went for a walk last night and I must have went too far because I started having really strong contractions and I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it back. I honestly even thought about asking a police officer who passed by to give me a ride home. LOL. After I waddled my way home with Bailey, I laid down on the couch and I started to feel better after about 15 min. Of course I had to call my girlfriend, Kristie to tell her what happened and to find out what was going on with me. Kristie said it could be the very beginning of pre-term labor and that it might be a sign that our little Ava is on her way. :) I am still thinking that the earliest Ava will be here will be late next week, but that is just a complete guess. From now on, I have direct orders from Tate to shorten my walks and to walk with him whenever possible. :)

No comments: