Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Friday, August 1, 2008

34 Weeks and 3 Days - Another trip to the hospital

Today was my first day back to work since my visit to the hospital on Tuesday. Everything was going pretty well until around 3 pm when I started having very strong contractions that lasted almost 15 minutes with few breaks in between. I called the nurse line and she got in touch with the doctor on call. It so happened to be the same doctor that admitted me to the hospital on Tuesday. After hearing my symptoms the doctor told the nurse to have me come in right away. Unfortunately, my hospital, Fairview Ridges was closed because they were full. So, they made arrangements for me to go to Methodist hospital. They did not want me to drive so they I had two of my co-workers bring me. Once I arrived at the hospital, they admitted me and hooked me up on monitors to watch my contractions and little Ava's activity. Tate arrived shortly after and sat with me while we waited. After awhile since my contractions were still occurring the doctor decided to give me a shot in my arm that would stop the contractions and have no affect on little Ava. Once I received the shot, my contractions slowed within minutes and eventually stopped. I stayed in the hospital for another 2 hours being monitored until they finally released me. I am currently not on full bed rest yet, but I have a feeling if this happens again, I will might be. I am a little worried, but my cervix has not begun to open yet and there does not appear to be any thinning within the cervix as well. This is really good news. Ava still seems to be sitting pretty high in my tummy so that is also good news. I have really limited how much activity I have during the day. I just need to make it another 2 weeks and then I will be considered full term. Ava must be pretty excited to come into this world, but we just need to keep her in there a little bit longer. Her room is almost completed. We just need to hang a few pictures and the blinds, when they come in, and we should be good to go. My sister is coming over tomorrow to help figure out where we should place the pictures. It has been so much fun decorating her room. I will take pictures of the finished nursery when everything is complete. I want everything to be perfect for Ava's arrival and they way things look, she could be arriving sooner rather than later. :)

No comments: