Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

28 Weeks - Welcome to the 3rd and Last Trimester

Today I say goodbye to my 2nd trimester and welcome the 3rd and final trimester. I have really noticed a change in my tummy this week. I feel like I have really popped now and my stomach has become really hard. According to whattoexpect.com, little Ava measures somewhere between 16-18 inches long from head to toe and weighs around 2 1/2 lbs. I am still amazed by those statistics. I look down at my growing tummy and wonder how she is finding room in there. The 3rd trimester is known for being one of the hardest because of the decrease in energy level and because of the weight gain of the baby. Hopefully it won't be that bad for me. I am still taking Bailey on walks every day and I just signed up for a fitness and wellness program here at work. They give us a pedometer and a goal of reaching 10,000 steps every day. It will be kind of fun to see where I end up. The contest will last for 40 days so I am hoping I will be close to reaching my own personal goal. Starting June 23rd I will be counting my steps. :) Thankfully, I have been feeling great and walking has been a great part of my every day activity. Let's just hope that my energy doesn't fade away too fast.

No comments: