Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Monday, June 2, 2008

25 Weeks 6 Days - Countdown is now in the Double Digits!!!!

I feel like I have reached a HUGE milestone today. I am officially in the double digits countdown. 99 days left to go until I get to hold this little angel of ours. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed by. It feels like just yesterday when I first found out I was pregnant. This is actually a great time to tell you about when I found out I was pregnant. It was back in December and I was having a very hard time waiting to take a pregnancy test. I thought I had all of the days counted correctly, so I took a few tests earlier than I probably should have. I was absolutely heart-broken when I went to the bathroom and saw that the test showed negative. I instantly had tears in my eyes and I went and found Tate. I was so disappointed and I feared that maybe something was wrong with me. Being the saver I am, I never ended up throwing my test results away. I went into the bathroom later on that day and stared at the test again, hoping that maybe, just maybe it changed. Guess what?? This time when I looked at the test, I noticed that there was a second very faint pink line. I had to keep staring at it to make sure I was not making it up in my mind and finally I called for Tate to help determine if it was actually there. He looked at it and also said that he saw a faint line. All of a sudden, I was filled with this wonderful feeling that I might actually be pregnant. I waited a couple of days later to look take another test (December 31st) and this time, the test was very obvious....I was definitely pregnant. I told Tate at midnight on December 31st and we started off our new year knowing that in 2008 we would have a new addition to our family and that our dreams had finally come true. Little Ava is already loved more than I can describe and I am so excited for the day I get to hold her in my arms. She is definitely a dream come true and mommy and daddy can't wait to meet her.

No comments: