Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Friday, June 20, 2008

28 Weeks 3 Days - Ultrasound

Today was a big day for us as we had our level 3 ultrasound at the Perinatal clinic. Every time I go into the doctor's office, I always have tears in my eyes because I get so worried about how our little girl is doing. It's hard not to worry about this little peanut because I just want her to have the best. As we went into the ultrasound room today, I found myself taking a deep breath as the doctor placed the warm gel on my tummy. Once I was able to see Ava on the screen, I felt so relieved. Of course, I still needed to hear from the doctor that she was measuring out okay and that everything looked good but my fears were soon put to rest. All of the pictures we took of Ava turned out great and the doctor told me she is measuring perfectly at 28 weeks and 3 days. So, that means we are still on target for a 9/9/08 due date and my Grandma Kaufenberg is most likely up in heaven making sure that still happens since it was her birthday as well. :) We have also re-confirmed that we are still having a GIRL! I made them double, actually triple check because people kept telling me stories of how they were told they had a girl and then when the baby was born, he ended up being a boy. I can confidently say that there is no doubt now that we are having a girl (I will leave the details out). :) The doctor also told us that Ava weighs 2 lbs 14 oz, which is basically 3 lbs since there is 16 oz in a pound (I had to have Tate and my Dad confirm that for me). It just proves that she is very healthy and doing great. I am such a proud Momma today and I feel so much better knowing that she is on the right path. Mommy is able to breathe a big sigh of relief. :)

No comments: