Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Monday, June 23, 2008

28 Weeks 6 Days - Complete Amazement

After seeing my little nephew this weekend and holding him in my arms, I was overcome with complete happiness for Jenna and Adam. I also found myself smiling constantly knowing that in 11 short weeks, I will be able to hold my little girl in my arms as well. It just amazes me how LJ was just inside Jenna's tummy and now he is out in the world, breathing air and surviving. It is such a beautiful miracle. Yesterday while Tate was taking a long-overdue nap, I started watching a TV show on the birth of sextuplets. I sat there, completely amazed at how one mom could be carrying 6 babies inside of her and here I am just carrying 1. I started to cry when they were delivering the babies partly because I was scared for their health and partly because I was so happy for their family. I was able to see what all of the babies looked like as soon as they were delivered. All of her babies weighed between 2-3 lbs. It all of a sudden hit me, OMG, that is what little Ava looks like right now. It made everything seem so much more real and it really made me feel so blessed to be carrying her in my tummy. She continues to be really active and her kicks/punches are much more frequent and intense. It's just an amazing feeling and truly the best part about being pregnant. I know I sound really sappy today, but we have had such a big weekend with the birth of LJ and knowing that I will be in delivering our little girl in 11 weeks. I can not wait to become a mother ! :)

No comments: