Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

27 Weeks 2 Days - Doctor Visit - GD Test

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out that I not only still have bronchitis, but now I have a double ear infection which includes a temp. :( I have been doing my best to take care of myself and try to get rest, but I can't seem to shake this stuff. I had to go on antibiotics for the ear infection and I have been having a really hard time taking the medication because I am worried about the effects it will have on Ava. My doctor has reassured me many, many times that it is perfectly safe for Ava, but I just feel so guilty. I just want Ava to have the best and I worry when I feel like I am not able to give her that. I have been coughing for over 2 weeks now and I know that is not good for her either, so I have decided to keep taking the medication for the both of us. On a good note, I found out that I am measuring perfect and the doctor has already predicted Ava will be somewhere around 7 lbs. We will see if that is actually the case though. You never can tell how babies will grow in the last few months. At the clinic the other day I had to take my gestational diabetes test which included me drinking a very sugary drink (which gave me heart burn of course) and then waiting around an hour to have them take my blood. I asked the lab technician when I could find out the results and she told me to call my nurse the next day. So, yesterday I called in and found out that.....I do NOT have GD! Yippee! That means I can still eat sugar and carbs. I have been pretty good about my diet, but you never know what your body is going to do when you are pregnant. It's another great sign that Ava is in a good place within my tummy. :) My next appointment is in 3 weeks and after that appointment, my doctor wants to see me every 2 weeks from here on out. They want to keep their eye on me and hey, I can't complain with that. :) I know Ava and I are in good hands.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hey darlin' - glad to hear your GD test was negative. Now we can have some buttery popcorn, sour patch kids and a coke at the movie tonight w/ my Mom. Sneak out of work a bit early today...gotta get your rest! Hope you're feeling better...