Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

25 Weeks 5 Days - Bronchitis

Yesterday morning before I headed off to see my cousin, Brad I spent a good 2 hours in Urgent Care. I started coughing on Friday and by the time I woke up on Saturday, my cough became much worse and I feared I may be coming down with pneumonia again. I was not about to take any chances so I headed off to the doctor. They gave me an nebulizer treatment (a machine that vaporizes medicine in a tube so I can inhale it), hoping that would work. The doctor asked if I have ever suffered from asthma and I told him no. So, they ordered me to the lab for some blood work. I waited at the doctor's office for the results of the blood work and Good News.....no pneumonia! However, I do have a viral infection which has lodged itself in my chest. Unfortunately, there isn't any medication I can take since this is a viral infection, so I just need to wait it out. The doctor gave me an inhaler along with cough syrup (which is 100% safe for little Ava, I made sure of it) and told me to take it easy. He said this infection could last anywhere from 3-7 days. After visiting my cousin Brad, I came home and tried to rest. I never realized how much a viral infection can take out of you. I guess I have always thought that if I don't have a fever, I'm healthy and I can do anything. Not true! This infection has definitely taken it's toll on me and my chest. I have been trying to take it easy, but it's not an easy task when it is gorgeous outside and when Bailey is staring at me with his sad look just waiting for me to take him for a long walk. Thankfully for Bailey, I had enough energy to take him for a walk this afternoon. I have promised Tate to take it easy the rest of the night. Chicken noodle soup and a movie are all I have left on my to-do list. :)

No comments: