Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Queen Fisherwoman

Tate and I headed out to our new hot spot this morning and tried our luck again at catching a few more fish for Mom and Dad and Shelley (who will be here in 5 days). The three of us (Tate, myself and bailey) headed straight for our fishing spot and dropped our lines in. Believe it or not, but I had fish biting like crazy at first. I managed to catch 3 crappies and 1 2-3 lb large mouth bass in a matter of minutes. Tate was busy taking off my fishing and re-baiting my hook so I could cast out and catch a few more. This was the first time that I saw my husband a little depressed because he wanted to catch a few fish too. Unfortunately, the wind started picking up due to a storm heading our way and we needed to move the boat to a new location. We tried several different spots and Tate managed to catch a few fish here and there. I had a little harder time, but I did get a few more. Between the clouds there were a few breaks when the sun came out and boy, was it hot. Since we were back in our boat, I wasn't able to jump into the water so Tate jumped in and splashed water on me while I sat on the side of the boat to help me cool off. What a sweetheart huh? We had a great day fishing and just hanging out together. Our new boat makes it very comfortable for me to move around when I get sore. I was watching the weather closely because I saw a few really dark clouds moving in. Of course Tate wanted to keep on fishing, but the clouds were moving in quickly and I was not about to be stuck on our boat in the middle of a storm. Thankfully I was able to talk Tate into heading to shore and wouldn't you know it, the second we started putting the tarp on the boat, it began to rain. I am SOOOOO thankful we made it off in time. Tate admitted it was a good call on my part. :) We are heading back to the Cities tonight after dinner to enjoy our last day of vacation together tomorrow. It's been a great trip and one that I will always remember. Thanks Mom and Dad for all of the meals and entertainment. We had a great time and love you very much!

No comments: