Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!


Today is the 4th of July and Tate and I spent the day with my family back in Willmar. My grandpa Kaufenberg, Uncle Scott, Aunt Lori and Uncle Scott and Grandma H all came over to my parents house to celebrate. Kimmy surprised us all and showed up on Thursday night. We all had a lot of fun today playing lawn darts, cards and going for boat rides (compliments of Tate). Us girls of course enjoyed sitting out in the sun enjoying each other's company. It was so nice to see everyone again. Family is so important and it was great to spend the holiday with them. My dad cooked up a huge turkey on the grill and my Aunt Lori made her famous shrimp salad. For desert mom had made some special K bars and Tate made his now famous home-made ice cream. That was a huge hit except for the fact that it gave 3 separate people huge brain freezes! LOL! I have had to stay away from the sweets lately because of my acid reflux. It has been pretty bad lately so it is best for me to stay away from fatty and acidic foods. I guess that is the price I have to pay for our little girl. I can't complain too much because I do manage to find little "treats" here and there that my tummy will allow. After dinner, Mom and Dad, Kim, Tate and I packed up our boat and headed to Spicer to watch the fireworks from the boat. Dad and Tate launched the boat for us ladies and we joined them shortly afterwards. This was the very first time we have all ventured out on the boat for fireworks. You would not believe how many boats were out there. It was like a little city of boats. The fireworks lasted for 30 minutes and we all had a great time hanging out together watching them (despite the bugs). :) Tate did a great job maneuvering the boat around as well. It was a great time and the perfect way to end the 4th of July.

1 comment:

Grandma K said...

It was so great to be able to spend the 4th of July with our family and to have some quality time with you and Tate before little Ava is born. We really enjoyed our time together. Love, Mom