Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

31 Weeks - 2 Days - Growth Spurt

It is hard for me to imagine that I will be in my 8th month very soon. The time has really flown by and I am hoping the rest of my pregnancy will be the same way (doubtful, but maybe). I really can't complain about too many things except for my acid reflux. But I think I now have that under control by taking Zantac and as long as I eat pretty healthy I am usually in good shape. Speaking of shape, my tummy has really started to become hard and very round. Our little girl feels like she is wedged horizontally in my stomach pushing outwards. At times she is so strong that I need to gently reposition her. After reading my weekly update on babycenter.com they stated that little Ava will be heading into a growth spurt. She is measuring somewhere around 16-17 inches and weighs in around 3.5 lbs. She was 2 lbs 14 oz at my last ultrasound 3 weeks ago so I am sure she is at least 3.5 lbs now. I can not believe how much I feel her now. Every time I touch my stomach, I feel a part of her sticking out. They say it is a good sign for babies to be moving around a lot so I don't mind all of the little kicks and somersaults. :) It actually brings a smile to my face each time she moves. :)

1 comment:

Grandma K said...

Wow, can't believe how much she is growing. You are going to have a very active child. Love, Mom