Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

30 Weeks 2 Days - Ava the Super Star - Nursery Update

I can not believe how active our little girl has been the past couple of days. She is actually kicking and moving around so hard that she startles me at times. I will be talking to someone at work and all of a sudden Ava does some sort of back flip and I jump. Everyone at the office thinks it is pretty funny. I am still trying to figure out what Braxton Hicks contractions feel like. I have been having a little bit of cramping at the top of my tummy (it kind of feels like a menstrual cramp but much less) and it goes away after a few seconds. I asked my doctor if I might be experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions and she didn't think I was. From what I have heard from others, a contraction feels like someone is hugging you really tight and your tummy becomes really hard. Well, my tummy has definitely become really hard at times, but I never seem to feel any sort of pressure. I don't know, I think I am confusing myself. LOL. It's so hard to know anything for sure when I have never experienced this before. My doctor told me I could go my whole pregnancy and never experience Braxton Hicks contractions until it's time to deliver. That would be pretty darn amazing.

Update on the nursery....I came home yesterday and Tate had finished painting all of the walls in Ava's room. Yippee!!! He still has to do all of the trim work on the top and bottom and after that is done we will need to get another coat of paint on the walls. He tried pretty hard to convince me that we only need one coat, but that didn't go very far. It definitely needs a second coat, but at least all of the walls are now "chewy caramel". I may have to start recruiting people to help get this painting done because Tate really truly hates it. I feel like I am on his case a lot to get it done because my nesting instincts are now in high gear. I really want it all completed soon so I can re-arrange all of the furniture and get Ava's room ready for her arrival. Who knows, I may have to strap on a mask and help get it done before I am too big to bend over. LOL. I found a really cute "angel" picture for Ava's room and I plan to place it above her crib. After all, she is our little dream come true and Momma's little angel. Love you Ava!!!

No comments: