Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

23 Weeks 2 Days - Visit to the Doctor

I had another appointment today with my Doctor and things went very well. I found out that my weight is right on target and my belly is growing as it should. My doctor told me today that I have hit the marker called the "miracle baby". This is the stage in the pregnancy when most babies who would be born at this time could survive with the help of machines and doctor's care. He told me that at this stage the baby has developed all of the essentials needed to survive. He also told me that the baby will double in size within the next month. This is a huge growing stage for little Ava so you can all expect my tummy to grow a lot more this next month. She is approximately 11 inches long now and weighs somewhere around 1 1/4 lbs. At my next appointment, June 11th, I will be tested for gestational diabetes. It's crazy to realize how quickly the time is passing. Ava is getting stronger by the day and her kicks are becoming much more frequent and a lot harder (even though it doesn't hurt). Tate really got a chance to feel her kicking last night and it put a smile on his face to know she is getting stronger. Our little growing family is doing well. :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I remember the relief we felt when we hit that marker.... now where are those pics you have promised? :)

Shelley said...

So exciting ! Tate told me he would take a profile picture of you for my Mother's Day gift ! I agree - we want a profile picture of you and baby Ava :)