Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

22 Weeks 5 Days Happy Mother's Day!!!!


Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers out there. Even though I am not "officially" a mom yet, I still liked the fact that my sweet husband pampered me on Mother's day. Tate gave me a very sweet card along with a couple of bibs for our little girl (they are very cute) and a gift certificate for a pedicure. He put a smile on my face right away in the morning. We also had my family over for a Mother's day brunch to celebrate the day. Tate and my dad made breakfast for all of the women in the family and it was YUMMY. Mom brought her now famous home-made carmael rolls and we all enjoyed a nice breakfast together. Grandma was still very really happy about her exciting night at Mystic Lake. We were able to show everyone the crib we now have set up in the baby's room and I of course had to pull out all of the clothes I have already bought for our daughter. I can't help myself sometimes. :) We had a really nice day together and it was good to see my family again. I hadn't seen my family since I was 4 months along so everyone was really excited to see my growing tummy. Our little girl started kicking after brunch so my mom and sister were able to feel her moving around in my tummy. It's such a great experience to see people's faces when they feel what I have been feeling for awhile now. I love every minute of it. Tate and I also managed to make our way to BabiesRus to start the registering process. I have to give Tate credit, he lasted a lot longer than I thought he would. :) Mother's day was a great day for all of us and definitely one to remember.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Found this quote on moms and thought you would appreciate it as a mom to be: "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother...never. A mother is something absolutely new"
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh