Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

40 Weeks - No Baby Yet.....But Soon!

Today is my official due date and unfortunately it doesn't look like our little Ava will make her appearance today. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:10 AM with my nurse practitioner and she was VERY surprised to see me. She thought that I was going to deliver Ava yesterday and couldn't believe I didn't. After my examination, my NP decided to get my doctor to see if he would like to start the prostaglandin gel tonight. My doctor came in and examined me and said that I was a great candidate for an induction. That made me smile because he has never said that before. He did not believe I needed the gel and said that I was a good 1 1/2 cm dilated. He felt little Ava's head and said that she had dropped from yesterday. He is going to be the doctor on call tomorrow so he will meet me at the hospital at 7 AM when I go in to be induced. His plans are to break my water in the morning and then depending on where I am at, start the pitocin shortly after. He knows that Tate and I are worried about a C-section and he told me that there are 5 factors which will determine a C-section. 1) the size of the baby - although I have not gained very much weight during the pregnancy there is really no way of knowing just how big Ava is. Hopefully she is not too big for me. :) 2) The size of my pelvis - obviously I can not control this one so it will all depend on how Ava is able to wiggle around. 3) the position of Ava - hopefully she will be able to maneuver her way down. 4) the intensity of my contractions - the doctor will be able to help with this through pitocin and 5) my ability to relax - this will be up to the me and the doctor. I plan on having an epidural so that should really help me relax a lot. But, in the end I know that I only can control so much and if I can not avoid a C-section I will be okay. Some people actually prefer it. :) I just can't believe in less than 12 hours Tate and I will be headed to the hospital. It would have been nice if Ava was born today because it is a very special day for my family. Today was my Grandma K's birthday who passed away in January and I know she has been watching out for Ava and I throughout this entire pregnancy. She meant the world to me and I know she will be there with us tomorrow as well. Ava has been moving around a TON tonight so I think she is gearing up for the big day tomorrow. Ava - mommy and daddy can not wait to hold you in our arms. There are many people out there anxious to meet you. You are already loved so much. Get some rest tonight sweetie, it's going to be a big day for you tomorrow!! Love you! Mommy

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Good luck, Auntie Kris! I can't wait to meet my new cousin, Ava!

Me and my mom hope to visit the 3 of you as soon as you're ready for us!

Love, Lincoln

Jackie said...

Hey Kris!
We will be thinking about you guys the next couple days! Keep us posted~

Jackie, Neil, Brody and MAv