Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Friday, September 5, 2008

39 Weeks 3 Days - No Induction Today

After debating all week if whether I should be induced today or not, Tate and I have decided to wait it out a few more days and see if Ava will come out on her own. Thankfully, the last 2 days have gone really well for me. I have been able to eat and keep everything down and I am hoping that is a sign that she is moving down and hopefully gearing up for the big day. I feel so much better now and I know I can make it a few more days. I have my next appointment on my DD of 9/9 at 7:00 AM with my doctor and hopefully I will come out of there with good news. I am pretty sure we will be induced on Tuesday one way or the other. If I am dilated to about 2-3 cm and around 70-80% effaced, they will most likely admit me to the hospital and start me on pitocin. If I have not progressed any further, then they will most likely have me go into the hospital later that night and start with prostaglandin gel first to get my cervix ready. They would then start the pitocin 12 hours later so I would hopefully give birth to Ava on 9/10. Either way, I am just so excited that we are so close to her arrival. We have waited so long for her and knowing that the end could literally be "any day" now is overwhelming. I have been watching "A Baby's Story" on cable lately and most of the time I end up crying because I am so happy for the families on there. Today I saw an episode of a women getting induced at 39 weeks and it was great because I got to catch a glimpse of what it might be like if I have to be induced. Everything went fine and that made me feel a lot better about being induced. My tummy has been cramping and aching all day so I know something is going on in there. Whether that means I will be going into labor soon or not, it's nice to finally feel some sort of progress. :)

No comments: