Ava's Beautiful Face

Ava's Beautiful Face
Mommy is so proud!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

21 Weeks 1 Day - We have started the nursery!


It's official, we have purchased our little girl's crib and it is beautiful! Tate's sister, Jenna found a listing on Craigslist and emailed Tate and I about it. I contacted the seller right away and it was still available. Tate picked up the crib when I was in Florida and it was in the baby's room when I got home. We still have a lot of work to do for the nursery, but we have made the first step. :) This weekend Tate and I are going to work on getting the crib set up and purchasing a mattress for it. I have been looking at a bunch of different bedding and I have found a few that I really like. Now I just need to get Tate's approval. I know Tate is going to hate to hear this, but none of the bedding I picked out goes with a blue room, so we are really going to need to repaint the nursery. Every time I walk by the baby's room and see the crib, I smile because it's another sign that she will be with us shortly. I have to work on getting some money saved up for the dresser/changing table combo that goes with the crib. I have been known to be quite the saver when I need to, so I am sure it won't be too much longer until we can purchase that as well. This is all so exciting and I am loving every minute of it!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Gorgeous crib! =) I agree about the whole blue room thing. I am thinking you should find your bedding soon so you can decide what shade of PINK you would like Daddy Tater to paint the room.

Lindy said...

Kris, I have a crib mattress if you would like it. Babies sure don't wear them out and it is clean and I always kept a mattress cover on it. You are sure welcome to it if you want it! Just let me know!
I love these blogs...love reading Jenna's too! It's fun to see you both loving the whole pregnancy thing! ;-)
BLUE will NOT do! I agree with Jenna. Give Tate a paint brush and buy the paint with Jenna! lol